Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Orange Sherbet in a Bag

One day Brittany and I decided to head out of my village. In the absence of shade we approached a tree that already had some men and kids playing cards. As we walked toward the tree, we heard a chorus of "Anasara, give me a gift. I want some candy." By nearly everyone, including the adults. Which is unfortunately fairly common to happen outside my village.

Being frustrated, Brittany approached the dude that was provoking it and gave him a little lecture about calling to us just to ask for gifts. I then looked at the kids and said "Give me your shirt, give me your pants, I want your shoes. I want your hat." They started to understand my point. Then I said to another kid "I want your orange ice." So he gave it to me. With looks of shock around me, i ate it. It actually tasted like orange sherbet, in a bag of course. And it was tasty. The kids and men probably didn't expect i would eat it. (Neither did my friends) So finally, to break the silent stares, Brittany's "new friend" she lectured about calling us white people just minutes before bought us each our own orange slushy in a bag to make up for the annoyance.

So, did they learn a lesson? Hopefully, his slushy was half gone by the time i gave it back.

1 comment:

bathmate said...

Thank you for your nice posting.
it is really helpful to us.
such a nice topics.

Bathmate