Saturday, August 11, 2007

Brochettes

Last night Brittany and I went out to a bar to listen to a band play, meeting Brittany's school teacher, Iliayasu, out. . After eating out the other night we found out he does occasionally drink alcohol so we thought it would be fun to meet him out. So when we got there he had already been there and had already bought our tickets, 500 CFA. So after ordering a few beers I had wanted some food. I ordered 2 brochettes(i.e. meat on a stick) and some fries. Then I heard him add 1 brochette to the order, thinking that was a bit odd. Normally if you order brochettes you order anywhere between 5-10, so I couldn't' figure out why he wanted only one. So when the food came, I gave him the plate with the 1 brochette on it he had ordered. But he didn't want it, Iliayasu had already eaten. After a lot of confusion, he finally explained he decided to add 1 to my order so I will eat more to get fatter. After being irritated and trying not to show it, i felt pressured to eat all of the food, which means his plan worked! He was demanding to pay, but of course I paid for myself. So today, I am 250 CFA down and a little bit fatter.

No comments: